Thursday, September 20, 2012

Words

Every morning I wake up before dawn to climb into a box made of metal and plastic and hurtle through what would be a seven-hour journey by foot in forty minutes so that I can spend the day cleaning machines covered in the coagulating, cement-corroding syrup which condenses from a mixture of soda and various alcoholic beverages.  I do this so that every Thursday an abstracted number will be added to the abstracted number "in my bank," said abstraction waiting there to be exchanged for physical goods necessary (or more often tertiary) to my survival and that of my spouse, who accompanies me on these daily adventures.  My spouse and I have aspirations for the abstraction building "in our bank," because this abstraction may serve to facilitate certain improvements to our quality of life, or more realistically the addition of more inscrutable objects by which we entertain ourselves or otherwise occupy our time.

When the determined time has finished, my spouse and I interact with a machine that manages an abstraction tangential to the one that will facilitate the exchange of goods.  Interaction with this machine permits us to remove our obligatory nominating placards and make a temporary exodus from the building where we toil, via the self-same plastic/metal box/machine that makes an otherwise prohibitive traversal trivial—barring the intrusion of Odocoileus Virginianus on the linear space maintained for box/machine travel, which could prove disastrous for the journey and perhaps the vitality of both occupants of our box.  We make such an exodus every day without fail, excepting the days we are arbitrarily given to rest from our toil.

On arriving back at the opulent shelter where our time is spent when not transported elsewhere by the miraculous fire-box, we exchange our (often soiled) work attire for more comfortable wear, and proceed to make use of smaller boxes crafted with the express purpose of connecting us to networks of other human beings through similar boxes, with the secondary effect of stunting our visual and auditory communication with the human beings who share the abode with us.

Which is what I'm doing now.

I'm also telling you about what I've been doing for the last couple weeks in nearly the most obscure way possible without losing everyone.  Though maybe I did lose everyone.

Anyway, that helped me survive a bit.  Don't have much else to say.  Later guys!

No comments:

Followers