Thursday, April 12, 2012

Graduation and Sharp Things

A month from now I'm graduating from Houghton College. Which will be awesome, because I'll be done with school. It's also terrifying, for reasons I've already discussed a few times on this blog. So there's that.

You know what else I thought about today? What happens on the microscopic level when you cut something? Actually, the whole idea of sharp things and cutting stuff just sort of weirded me out for a bit today. Is it the hard molecular bonds driving a wedge into and through a malleable substance, dividing the bonds?

I mean, when I cut my finger, at what level has my skin been cut? The cellular level? If bigger than that, does that mean some cells in the line are cut in two? I'm almost positive my confusion is through sheer ignorance. It's not like I'm suddenly a schism skeptic or anything. It's just weird.

Anyway, I think that's all for today. My internet's been a bit rough and I want to get something posted before it forces another face-punch video.

No comments:

Followers