Monday, July 30, 2012

Back For a Sec

That was kind of a long break for me to take, but I think, for the most part, it was worth it.  I'd love to say I was really busy getting up to all the things—I'd love to claim I had all the irons in the fire, as it were—but honestly I didn't do much except hang with family and chill out and stuff.

Here's the thing, I'm probably taking a huge break again, because there's likely not going to be reliable internet at camp meeting, where I'm going for a week.  If there is internet I'll blog, if there's not I'll blog and post it later.

I went and saw the Batman movie today.  I think what made the biggest impression on me was the quote near the end, where [a character] reads from the final words of A Tale of Two Cities.  It goes something like: "I do a far, far better thing now than I have ever done, and I go to a far, far better place than I have ever known."

And it fits so well with the story of the movie.

And that's all the spoilerificness I have for that movie, other than that, you know, there's Batman in it.

Sorry for spoiling that for you.

I recently watched a bunch of My Little Pony and it's growing on me.  Especially since the actor who played Q in Star Trek was the voice of the wicked spirit Discord.  Every moment of that character was splendid, though I dread to think that some day some kid is going to be watching old shows and say, "Hey, that funny god-man is Discord from My Little Pony!"

But still, the awesomeness is undistilled.

I've been working on Hearthstead comics in the last week.  Got some panels done.  It's hard work, drawing.  Even when you're not very good.  I won't say especially.  I'm not sure the amount of work changes.  Maybe the quality.  But don't take my word for it.  I'm not a visual artist.  Or, not an accomplished one.  Eh, I don't know, but I'm trying.  But anyway, the comic's not far enough along for me to show it off on the internet yet.  It's coming along, though.  So there's that.

My wife has a job and I'm making comics.  Our anniversary's coming up.  Married for a year.  That's awesome, and I'm excited.

But yeah, there's what's going on lately, and I'll talk to you later.

No comments:

Followers