Thursday, May 24, 2012

Grindin' XP

Moving right on through the revision process for the Hearthstead novel.  Incidentally, I don't quite have a name for it yet.  I'll probably need to confer with my cousin for a while to brainstorm one out.  Then once I'm done with that, I can move on to other projects like song-lyric poems, scene-writing for a friend's game, and starting the overhaul/revision process for Talas Ke.

Simultaneously job searching, of course.

I know it sounds like I'm ambition, but I guarantee you it usually just seems like I'm really lazy.  I don't know how that works, but it does.

I'm feeling more normal about the whole "graduated" thing.  It's still not exactly old news, but things are settling around me.

You know what's weird?  I've been getting up in the mornings (7:30ish) with the express purpose of working on my projects.  Never did that in college.  Now that I have all this time to spare (not really, but bear with me) I can actually get around to ordering it in a fashion that makes sense to me.

That's the way I like it.  Maybe it's a short-sighted thing, but I've always felt like I'm much more capable of improving when the pressure's off and I have time to grind my skills.  Maybe that's why I feel that way.  I must have a JRPG mentality towards self-improvement.

Didn't I warn you that I'm an incorrigible nerd?

Well that's that.  I'll check in tomorrow with an update.

Peace.

1 comment:

Daedalus said...

Done with first revisions, by the way.

Followers