Thursday, May 3, 2012

Phineas, Ferb, and Avatar

I'm in the same state as yesterday, only with one exam down and more desperate need to finish my manuscript.  You know what's a good show?  Phineas and Ferb.  I mean, its cartoony goodness doesn't hold a candle to Avatar, whether we're talking the Last Airbender or Legend of Korra.  Not if we're talking theatrical releases.  Merf.

Phineas and Ferb is extremely formulaic.  The same basic story is told in every episode.  But that allows them to make a new song or a new twist that makes for great entertainment.  It sort of proves a concept that you don't have to reinvent the wheel to do something good.  I wouldn't call the cartoon art.  But I think the same applies to that, too.

It's not just people who reinvent the English language who do great work in it.

Those are my thoughts for the day.  Yes, it's another one of those days where I don't talk about much.

-shrugs-

No comments:

Followers