Thursday, June 28, 2012

Release Dates and Live Readings

Arenanet announced the launch date for Guild Wars 2 today, which is kind of a big deal.  I'm excited, because now I can tell people when the game is coming out, instead of saying, "This year."  By the way, it comes out August 28.

I've been implying that spending time with loved ones is a blessing and a curse.  On one hand, I get to spend time with loved ones, but on the other I have (or take) much less time to work on productive things like writing or job applications.  I don't really feel like driving around everywhere picking up and dropping off applications when there's guests around to hang with (and beat in Brawl).  This was a particularly strong example of that sort of day.

It happened.  I got to that point in Final Fantasy Tactics A2 where you're forced to take on a new clan member even if you don't want to, and it's a unique hero that can't be sent on dispatch or anything.  That kind of ruins the game for me, because I like my clan's set up, but I can't leave the continent now because that event's just sitting there.  So I guess I'm done with that.  Better find something else to do.  Like write.

Geez, I'm such a slacker.  My eyes, they are rolling.

I did some reading from Ashes of Silver earlier today.  Reading a book aloud is exhausting work, especially for someone who uses his voice sparingly in comparison to most people.  Unless you have something wet on hand for your whistle, talking through that much prose can get pretty dry in the glottal regions.  There's also the wincing I do when my sluggish mouth parts butcher my own painstaking syntax.  Plenty of that.  Or if I emote something wrong.  Or pause in the wrong place.  Nope, not a perfectionist.

Maybe part of my voice troubled was that I was also singing along to Emery before and after said book-reading took place.  When I sing along to good music, I commit a little.

It's a pitchy mess sometimes, to be honest.  I'm not the best singer.  Definitely not the worst.  Somewhere in the middle, where the amateur musicians reside.

And now I have nothing else to say.  It was that sort of day.

-shrugs-

No comments:

Followers