Friday, June 29, 2012

What Time is It? AD—House Sitting Time!

I didn't do any better about productive things or coming up with meaningful things to blog about today.  But I did get to spend some time alone with my wife, which is a good thing.  I like married time.  Definitely.

So some friends of mine (inherited through my marriage to Rachael) had a son today, and that's pretty much a super awesome thing, which ties into conversations I had with my wife about parent stuff.

Basically, fatherhood and all the things to do with it are, like, emotional triggers for me.  I get all weepy-eyed and blubbery, especially when filial relationships aren't what they should be.  I feel all the feeling.  There are times when what I feel is all the rage (no, not popular).  The one thing that most makes me want to kill people is the thought of abusive fathers/husbands.  I just want to hurt those horrid men.  Hurt them until they understand.

Emotions are bluh.  Let's go eat ice cream.

My family's off to north Michigan (but not the UP) for a couple days and Rachael and I have the house to ourselves for a bit, to clarify my opening paragraph a little.  It's been pretty chill.  There was Voyager watching, just like old times.  I kinda want to finish Voyager so we can start watching new, more different shows.

Also, I caught up on Adventure Time today.  It's a good show.  It makes me happy.  It's also similar levels of weird to Homestuck, without all the ambivalence-producing socially-labelled vulgarities.  Part of it is the post-apocalypse.  Now that I've seeded your mind with understanding about this, go watch all of the show.  Right now.

Then it's not just ridiculous.  It's amazing.  Like "Oh gosh this is the best thing," amazing.

It's the only show I can think of that can make me flip out over a snail.  And boy did I flip out over that snail man.

I'm ruining everything for you, aren't I?

Look, I'm not crazy.  Adventure Time is awesome.  End of blog post.

... Wait, wh—

No comments:

Followers